|Looking for part-time work in a challenging and exciting environment where I can further develop my writing and editing skills and gain valuable professional experience in the publishing industry.
Bachelor of Creative Writing
2015 – Current
Short Course – Copy Editing
Mount Waverley Secondary College
University of Melbourne Bachelor of Arts
2013 – 2014
Adobe Creative Suite
||The Stella Prize
August 2016 – Current
- Produced and distributed marketing materials to teachers and schools.
- Conducted research and planning for partnership opportunities
- Developed Stella’s social media presence and managed social media campaigns.
- Assisted in the development, promotion and running of the Schools Program events and liaising with teachers, authors, publishers and organisations.
- Wrote, proofread and created content for Stella’s website.
- Worked with authors in editing posts for the Stella Blog.
- Helped in the overall organisation, administration and promotion of the Stella Schools Program.
Australian Retailers Association
- Copyedited educational training resources for accredited retail programs.
- Wrote promotional material for ARA’s website based on feedback from students.
Engage Education Foundation
March 2014- July 2015
- Managed and published materials such as exams, study notes and textbooks for distribution at VCE seminars.
- Created and edited notes for various VCE subjects including Global Politics and History.
- Worked as a part of Engage’s Leadership Team to develop the company and make decisions on issues such as goal setting, budget proposals, business initiatives, social media campaigns and events.
- Maintained an ethos of inclusivity by directing our efforts toward low-income and rural students and making our resources as accessible as possible.
- Gained valuable experience in working for a not-for-profit and the challenges that comes with working within limited resources and budget.
December 2013- September 2015
- Visited schools and gave presentations on study habits, motivation and goal setting.
- Worked with teachers to help deliver presentations on VCE subjects such as Global Politics and History.
- Delivered one-on-one sessions with students focusing on personal development.
- Ran daylong intensives for groups of up to fifteen students that focused on improving written communication in the lead up to VCE exams.
||“At Odds”, Bowen Street Press Review, Issue 1, Spring 2016
“Making it Count”, Collaborations: How the Media Industry is Working Together, October 2016
We Can Say That We Met Online, (Self-published Zine), distributed by Sticky Institute, October 2015
“We all have a duty to the 15 year old girl on the bus”, Right Now, February 2017
Australian Writer’s Marketplace
|Australian Writers Centre
The Stella Prize